Changes and suggestions for the best ways to mitigate the traffic during morning pick-up and afternoon drop-off at Solorsano Middle School
Welcome to the 2019-20 school year. We are appreciative of your flexibility and patience as we work hard to solve the traffic issues at morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up. We are working tirelessly to improve the flow of traffic in and out of campus. We would like to share with you some improvements that have been implemented this week to expedite the process:
1. All busses and construction vehicles will enter and exit campus through an alternate route that will not interfere with vehicle traffic flow. Even though bus entry and exit points have changed, the drop-off and pick-up location for student bus riders remains the same.
2. Students who are walking or riding to or from school need to follow the “way signs” directing them to the appropriate sidewalks.
3. Drivers entering campus via Club Drive heading southbound on Santa Teresa will use the first left turn lane as they approach Club.
4. Drivers entering campus via Club Drive going northbound will enter lanes designated by cones from Santa Teresa prior to turning on Club Drive.
5. Parents may also drop students off in the morning or pick them up in the afternoon by parking on Third Street or Uvas Park Drive. Students can access or leave campus using the Debell Uvas Creek Walking and Biking Preserve Trail. Students using the trail will not have to cross any streets and District Office staff will be stationed along the bridge to monitor students as they travel to and from. Please see the accompanying map.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work through this situation.